Wednesday, June 3, 2020

Quentin Tarantino Apologizes to Roman Polanski Rape Victim: I Was Ignorant

Quentin Tarantinowalked back controversial comments he made onThe Howard Stern Showin 2003 regarding Samantha Geimer, a teenager whom Roman Polanski raped.

I want to publicly apologize to Samantha Geimer for my cavalier remarks on speculating about her and the crime that was committed against her, the directorsaid in the statement. Fifteen years later, I realize how wrong I was. Ms. Geimer WAS raped by Roman Polanski. When Howard brought up Polanski, I incorrectly played devils advocate in the debate for the sake of being provocative. I didnt take Ms. Geimers feelings into consideration and for that I am truly sorry So, Ms. Geimer, I was ignorant, and insensitive, and above all, incorrect.

Quentin Tarantino Clarifies Role in Uma Thurman's 'Kill Bill' Car Crash

Tarantinos apology comes after Geimer spoke about his comments to theNew York Daily News.Im not upset, but I would probably feel better if he realizes now that he was wrong after 15 years, after hearing the facts, she said. Nobody has to be pissed off on my behalf. Im OK.

In the 2003 interview, Tarantino called Geimer a party girl who wanted to have it and dated the 42-year-old Polanski. He didnt rape a 13-year-old, Tarantino said to Stern. He had sex with a minor. Thats not rape.

Polanski was arrested in 1977 for five offenses following the alleged assault, including rape by use of drugs, sodomy, perversion, and lewd and lascivious acts upon a child under 14. He plead guilty to unlawful sex with a minor and fled the country shortly after that.

Tarantinos Howard Stern interview was unearthed after he was accused of negligence on the set of Kill Bill by Uma Thurman. The actress claimed he knowingly put her in danger to perform a driving stunt for the 2003 flick, she told the New York Times.

I am guilty, for putting her in that car, but not the way that people are saying I am guilty of it, he told Deadline in response to the accusations. Its the biggest regret of my life, getting her to do that stunt.


Quentin Tarantino Apologizes to Roman Polanski Rape Victim: I Was Ignorant

No comments:

Post a Comment