Saturday, May 23, 2020

See Joaquin Phoenix Become Joker in Twisted First Trailer

Joaquin Phoenix transforms from a mild-mannered man into a terrifying villain in the first trailer for Joker, director Todd Phillips upcoming take on the iconic DC Comics character.

The clip opens with an ordinary-looking Arthur Fleck sitting with his therapist, who asks, Does it help to have someone to talk to? His response: a chilling, foreboding smile. My mother always tells me to smile and put on a happy face, he narrates over a montage of Fleck scribbling in a notebook labeled JOKES (sample: People expect you to behave as if you DONT) and giving his mom (Frances Conroy) a bath. She told me I had a purpose: to bring laughter and joy to the world. Is it just me, or is it getting crazier out there?

Elsewhere, the trailer shows the character dancing with his mother, going on a date with love interest Sophie Dumon (Zazie Beetz), visitingArkham State Hospital and cackling at a stand-up comedy performance. Finally dressed in his Joker make-up, hes attacked by men on the subway and insulted as a freak and later, a news report recounts a cold-blooded crime from someone who hides behind a mask.

I used to think my life was a tragedy, the Joker notes. But now I realize its a comedy.

Joker, the first installment in a new series of DC films outside the Extended Universe, is out October 4th.


See Joaquin Phoenix Become Joker in Twisted First Trailer

No comments:

Post a Comment